Influencer marketing is one of the fastest growing marketing activities today. It is the use of influential people, to talk about, use, discuss and have conversations with people (who are your potential customers), to help build brand trust and increase sales.
It is highly effective.
A poll by mediakix gave us some stunning results:
- 80% of marketers find influencer marketing effective.
- 71% of marketers rate the quality of customers and traffic from influencer marketing as better than other marketing sources.
- 89% of marketers say influencer marketing ROI is as good as or better than other marketing channels.
- 65% of marketers plan to up their influencer marketing budgets in 2019.
Influence your audience to become your tribe
People prefer to KNOW a person, brand or product, LIKE it and then TRUST it, before they will buy from the brand. Influencer Marketing is this 3-step process all wrapped up into one.
Good Influencer Marketing is someone who looks and sounds genuine, has an audience, and engages with that audience regularly and meaningfully.
47% of consumers have ad-blocking technology, so having an influencer who can speak to their audience is key.
Influencer Marketing has evolved from brands paying massive celebrities to endorse their product.
In fact, consumers become more suspicious and cynical behind the motivation of why that celebrity is promoting that product. This is a relief!
How does Influencer Marketing Work?
- Social Engagement – More than most forms of marketing, Influencer Marketing is very interactive and engaging. Through social media you are speaking to, and growing, your followers and subscribers. And from these subscribers you can shift into email marketing, as talked about in here. (link to email marketing article)
- Community Engagement – through likes and comments, shares and mentions, you engage with the wider digital community around the world.
- Media Engagement – with publicity you have potential press and media engagement, which ultimately brings more traffic and sales to your web site.
- Know their content- The influencer must know the content and products they are marketing. This leads to organic work, and an impression they know what they are talking about.
- Know their audience – The influencer can speak naturally to their audience. They have followers, likers, people who will share the content, so they should be speaking directly to them.
- Know their niche – You cannot be an influencer in everything for everyone. Find your niche, and become known as The Influencer in that market.
Possibly the most important part to remember about Influencer Marketing is that you are talking to PEOPLE.
Research your audience and find the right kind of influencer that is suited to your product, your brand personality, and what you want to achieve from your marketing campaign.
Be positive about your marketing.
Traditional marketing models focus on problem-solution, while Influencer Marketing is aspirational. You want to make people’s lives better for having tried your product. And then have them tell everyone else about it too.
Motivated Marketing integrates Influencer Marketing into your marketing mix. A conversation can be built, relationships made, and success can be yours, with the right plan and the right action.
Contact us (Contact Page) now to find out how your business can become the talk of the town.