Email marketing plays a pivotal role in digital campaigns, so it is imperative to know how to build an effective email marketing program. This one day course will help you gain a clearer understanding of how email can benefit your business through best practice scenarios, learning the advantages of various email platforms as well as practical application of an email management tool, such as mailChimp. By the end of the course, you will have an understanding of how to implement an email campaign for your business.
- Email marketing overview – integrating emailing into your marketing mix
- Email marketing objectives and how they can be implemented
- Understanding spam and Privacy Acts
- Plan and create effective email campaigns to drive open rates and click-throughs
- Best practice and current/upcoming trends
- Understanding different types of email platforms/abilities/management systems in the market place
- How to obtain qualified email leads
- Evaluating ROI (Return On Investment) on your email campaign
- Practical application on the use of an email marketing tool (Mailchimp)
This course is suitable for business owners, marketers, public relations personnel and professionals with a beginner knowledge of email marketing and would like to have practical knowledge to implement their campaigns.
By the end of the course, you will be able to structure and execute your eNewsletter with a particular objective, target audience and offer in mind. You will have an in depth knowledge of why eMail Marketing is necessary in the current age and be able to practically create your eNewsletter immediately.
The course has no prerequisites, however knowledge of basic marketing principles is highly recommended.
- All relevant course materials are included.
- Access to University Wifi
Materials to bring
Pens, Paper, access to your email account on your own wifi enabled device (laptop/ipad)
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
Facilitator – Marina Cook
has over 20 years of marketing experience, with 8 years being involved
with online digital marketing. She is a Digital Marketing Strategist at
Motivating Marketing and has written Digital Strategy Diploma and
Advanced Diploma courses for RMIT.
Her focus incorporates digital strategies including social media, eNewsletter/eMail marketing campaigns, web design & development with large and small companies in most industries. Her knowledge and approach provides students/entrepreneurs with practical skills to move forward in their career.
- “Great takeaways that I can help to improve our teams business development. Great discussions with Marina and the class.”
- “Knowledgeable and friendly teacher, good notes/tips, good opportunity to improve skills. Thanks.”
- “A chance to look at my email strategy wholistically and to re-evaluate what is and isn’t working.”