Email marketing plays a pivotal role in digital campaigns, so it is imperative to know how to build an effective email marketing program. Email marketing is important for building relationships with prospects, leads, current customers, and even past customers because it gives you a chance to speak directly to them, in their inbox, at a time that is convenient for them.
This two-part course will help you gain a deeper understanding of how email can benefit your business through understanding where it fits in the overall marketing mix, nurture campaigns best practice scenarios, as well as practical application of an email management tool, such as MailChimp. By the end of the course, you will be able to develop a strategy, grow your list, send, optimise and report using email marketing.
Classes run online for three hours each, over two day, each Wednesday. This is in conjunction with RMIT University Short Courses.
- Wednesday, 2nd September – 9:30am-12:30pm
- Wednesday, 9th September – 9:30am-12:30pm
HOW TO ENROL
This course is with RMIT University Short Courses.
- Email marketing overview – integrating email into your marketing mix
- Email marketing objectives and how they can be implemented
- Understanding Spam, Privacy Acts & GDPR
- Behavioural Marketing
- How to obtain qualified email leads (and best SEO practice)
- Different types of email platforms
- Email Nurturing and Funnels
- Evaluating ROI (Return On Investment on your email Campaign)
- How to obtain qualified email leads
- Evaluating ROI (Return On Investment) through analytics on your email campaign
- Practical application on the use of an email marketing tool (Mailchimp)
This course is suitable for business owners, marketers, public relations personnel and professionals with a beginner knowledge of email marketing or would like to have a deeper knowledge and practical experience to implement their campaigns.
By the end of the course, you will be able to structure and execute your eNewsletter or email campaign with a particular objective, target audience and offer in mind. You will have in-depth knowledge of why eMail Marketing is necessary for today’s marketing mix and be able to create your eNewsletter immediately.
The course has no prerequisites, however knowledge of basic marketing principles is highly recommended.
- All relevant course materials are included.
- Access to University Wifi
Materials to bring
Pens, Paper, access to your email account on your own wifi enabled device (laptop/ipad)
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
- “Great takeaways that I can help to improve our teams business development. Great discussions with Marina and the class.” Michael
- “Knowledgeable and friendly teacher, good notes/tips, good opportunity to improve skills. Thanks.” Mary
- “A chance to look at my email strategy holistically and to re-evaluate what is and isn’t working.” Jacqueline
Marina Garbuio is a Digital and Social Media Strategist, educator and speaker. She consults all sized businesses locally, nationally and internationally from a range of different industries as well as educates and mentors CEO’s, in-house digital and marketing managers, entrepreneurs, agency staff.
She teaches Digital Marketing Strategy and Marketing Principles at RMIT University and communicates in a way that is easy to understand, stimulating and interesting to beginners and advanced learners. In turn, you receive expertise and knowledge to implement successful marketing strategies within your business.
For more information about the facilitator – click here.