Facebook changes its algorithms each day. Since Facebook and Instagram now have the same advertising platform, it can be difficult for businesses to adapt their marketing to attract their ideal audience. This online course is broken up into three parts, so you are able to work on your advertising during this course.
This course will get you up to speed on the latest Facebook advertising techniques and teach you the difference between organic and boosted posts. After a short refresher of the fundamentals, students will learn about Best Practices, Advertising Objectives, Custom Audiences and Targeting. There will also be a live demonstration of Business Manager.
By the end of this course you will have an understanding of how to advertise effectively on Facebook and Instagram and design an advertising blueprint, which can be implemented immediately.
Classes run online for two hours each, over three days. Week 1 classes are held Tuesday and Thursday. Week 2 is Tuesday. This is in conjunction with RMIT University Short Courses.
- Tuesday, 11 August 2020 – 10:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday, 13 August 2020 – 10:00am-12:00pm
- Tuesday, 18 August 2020 – 10:00am-12:00pm
How to Enrol
This course is with RMIT University Short Courses.
- Refresher of Facebook fundamentals
- Algorithm Changes
- Advertising Locations – what works what doesn’t
- Facebook Engagement Expectations
- Target Ads To A Type of Person
- Boosting Opportunities
- Your Objective and Target Market
- Facebook Ad Campaign Structure and Objectives
- Facebook Ad Pixel
- Facebook Ads Funnel
- Facebook Ads Strategy
- Typical Results
- Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Strategies
- Focus on the Funnel
- Creating an Eye-catching Ad
- Formula for Great Headlines in an Ad
- Formula for Great Text in an Ad
- Problem – Agitate – Solution Method
- Other items for Consideration
- Ad bidding and structure
- Deep dive into Facebook Business Manager
- Completing a Facebook Ad
This course is suitable for business owners, marketers, Public Relations personnel and professionals with a beginner’s knowledge of Facebook and access to a Facebook Business Page.
By the end of this course, you will be able to structure and execute your Facebook Advertising with a particular objective and target audience in mind. You will have gained an in-depth knowledge of the necessity of Facebook Advertising in the current climate and be able to implement your advert immediately.
Whilst this course has no prerequisites, it is highly recommended participants have a basic level understanding of marketing principles and Facebook Personal Pages and access to a Facebook Business Page.
All relevant course materials are included.
Materials to bring
Pens, Paper, access to Facebook Business Page on wifi-enabled laptops. Also, bring other wifi-enabled devices (tablet computer/mobile phone) for Facebook Tools.
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
- “Thanks, Marina for sharing all your wonderful knowledge.” – Nat
- “I found this course very well worth it. Well explained, very informative and Marina was very patient.” – Amelia
Marina Garbuio is a Digital and Social Media Strategist, educator and speaker. She consults all sized businesses locally, nationally and internationally from a range of different industries as well as educates and mentors CEO’s, in-house digital and marketing managers, entrepreneurs, agency staff.
She teaches Digital Marketing Strategy and Marketing Principles at RMIT University and communicates in a way that is easy to understand, stimulating and interesting to beginners and advanced learners. In turn, you receive expertise and knowledge to implement successful marketing strategies within your business.
For more information about the facilitator – click here.