This course will teach you how to create social media hype around a fashion and beauty campaign. The fashion and beauty industry has changed dramatically, no longer are glossy pages defining style or setting trends. Bloggers and online media outlets are redefining the industry and it is imperative that any label or company harness digital PR for creative success. Learn the ins and outs of digital PR and campaign hype creation. By the end of this course you will understand the key skills and knowledge needed to scaffold your next online fashion or beauty campaign.
- What is digital PR?
- Why social media?
- Campaigning: Clarity and Vision
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Social Media interaction with consumers
- Content Creation
- Media Kits and Press Release
- Blogging: Utilising your own blog
- Blogger Outreach and Collaboration PAID v ORGANIC
- Media Outreach
- Blogger and Social Media Takeovers
- Analytics and understanding social media impact
If you are an aspiring fashion designer, stylist, consultant, blogger, beauty expert or simply the creative mind behind an incredible new product this course is for you. If you are interested in social media and digital PR and want to learn more about designing a campaign and creating social media hype this course will teach you how.
Come with an open mind, a readiness to learn, share and work with other creative individuals. You will need a logical mindset as much as a creative one. You will need basic social media knowledge, be able to navigate social media apps and have an understanding of social and digital media lexicon.
At the end of this course you will be able to design, execute and analyse your own digital PR campaign for your product, company or label. You will have an in depth understanding of social media hype creation, digital PR strategy, the world of blogging and its impact on industry trend and awareness.
The course has no prerequisites, however a basic level understanding of social media and marketing principles is highly recommended.
Course booklet including course outline, online readings, and course notes.
Materials to bring
iPad,Tablet, iPhone/Android, Laptop
Participants will be awarded an RMIT Statement of Participation.
Presenter – Tim Pocock
Tim Pocock is a marketing professional in the luxury beauty industry. Starting his journey at a digital marketing advertising agency as an Account Manager, Tim worked closely with brands in fashion, beauty and FMCG to develop and manage digital campaigns across social media and digital advertising platforms.
For the past five years Tim has worked in Luxury Brand Marketing at the world-leading beauty company, L’Oréal. Tim brings his vast experience to the course, from creating brand content for social media platforms and PR campaigns, to working with leading digital media publishers and fashion and beauty influencers to create campaigns that deliver results.
- “Practical examples were spot on. Really expanded my understanding about social media and the world surrounding it. I loved this course.”
- “One of the most enjoyable courses I have done. Material was very interesting, up to date and delivered in an engaging way.”
- “I enjoyed the content, videos & discussions, informative, really enjoyed – felt engaged & excited for the next class, highly recommend.”
- “Tim was great! Easy to approach, knowledgable, friendly.”
- “I really enjoyed the course. I enjoyed every single class. It met my expectations and more.”
- “Tim was FANTASTIC, super helpful and engaging. I will definitely recommend this course.”
- “Was very engaging course and Tim is an excellent teacher! He keeps things up to date and suited for the class! The take home examples are excellent tools and will always use them! Thanks.”
- “High level of marketing approach to social media delivered in a clear and most efficient manner.”